A JFusion Plugin can be configured in the following two ways;
To make the user's life easier the JFusion Team has come up with an easy way to Configure a plugins. Here is how to use this method to configure a plugin. We are using phpBB as an example, but the procedure remains the same for all the JFusion plugins.
- Select the Wizard button located beside the name of the plugin you want to configure on the 'Configuration' page.
- On the following page, enter the path of the script to be configured on the server and click the 'Next' button.
- The Wizard should be able to pull the necessary information from the configuration file of the software to be integrated. A message notifying you of successful location of Configuration file should also show up. Verify the different fields and click Save.
- Check whether the Plugin shows a 'Good Config' for the configured software on the Configuration page.
- The Usergroup synchronisation settings do not get activated till the plugin config has been saved correctly. Once the plugin shows a 'Good Config', try editing the plugin and setting the Usergroup synchronisation settings accordingly. A comprehensive document on User Group Syncing can be found here.
- Set the integrated software as 'Master' or 'Slave' accordingly by clicking the red cross. “What is the difference between a master and slave software?” you may ask. The master software needs to be the software that handles registrations. All other softwares willl be slaves and needs to have registration disabled. If a user registers in a slave software, he/she will not be able to login to the master nor will that user be populated into the other slave softwares. Also, only changing user info in the master such as email, etc will populate throughout the slave softwares. If the user changes his/her email in a slave software, it will be overwritten with that of the masters as soon as the user logs into Joomla.
Some times the wizard is not able to locate the Config file as a result of permissions issue etc.. For this we use the Manual method. In this method the plugin configuration needs to be done manually by clicking the edit button instead of the Wizard button.
Refer to the following Documents for details regarding the configuration options of specific plugins.
- Gallery 2