Installing jFusion for two Joomla's
It is extremely simple, once you know how :). So here it is:
- Most important: Because Joomla does not (yet) allow setting cookie domains you MUST install the the second Joomla in a subdirectory. The first Joomla can be either in a subdirectory or in the root of your website. In my testsetup I have one Joomla in a subdirectory called main (eg <root>/main) and the second one in a subdirectory called joomlastab (eg <root>/joomlastab).
- Make one of the wo Joomla's master. Here will all users login and register. Install JFusion in this Joomla (I used Joomlastab as master)
- After installation go to the jFusion cPannel and click the wizard button of Joomla_ext. In my case I used http://www.mbreincoach.nl/main for the url the wizard asked for. Now you ONLY need to adjust the Plugin General Details. Leave the rest unchanged! Thus, do not put any value in the cookie domain and path fields.
That's all there is to it. Logging in to the master should log you in to the slave. So let's test it!!
- Go to jFusions configuration menu and set your second Joomla to slave (thus joomla_ext)
- Go to the login checker and try a valid user in the master .
- If all works, go to jFusions cpanel and enable jFusion.
It can be this simple, really. Most problems come from people wanting to use subdomains. You can do that after following the above instructions and then using apaches mod_rewrite. Stuff for experts though.
Please see this post in the forums for more info: