This document explains the upgrade process one should follow to upgrade JFusion.
NOTE: Before you upgrade your JFusion Installation, you MUST complete these items before proceeding:
1. Backup your SQL Databases for your Joomla Website, and your integrated Software(s).
2. Take a complete site backup using your favorite FTP client, and copy it to your personal computer.
Once you have done a backup for your Joomla Website and integrated software(s), you can now safely proceed to upgrading to the latest version. Upgrades can be done by two methods stated as follows;
1. Log into your Joomla! Admin Control Panel.
2. Under Components select JFusion and Version Checker.
3. The version checker will appear.
4. If you see the message Your JFusion Installation is Not Up To Date you need to update.
5. Scroll to the bottom and click Upgrade JFusion Automatically.
6. JFusion will Automatically update you to the latest version.
7. We recommend you ensure that the upgrade was successful in the version checker.
At times the automatic procedure does not work because of file permissions issue etc. In that case one needs to follow the basic install procedure. Download the package from JFusion website and install it using the Joomla! installer. JFusion shall automatically detect and upgrade your installation.
Check out the How do i check my JFusion Version? Document for more information on checking for the latest version.