Frameless Discussion and Compatible prosilver style

Support specific to the phpBB 3 plugin.
Forum rules
Please post all the bugs you encounter on our issue tracker.

Re: phpBB style that is compatable with frameless integration

Postby mariusvr on Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:10 am

The error message says that the path to your software does not exists. Please check your path settings in the phpBB3 plugin.

Thanks, Marius
mariusvr
Developer
Developer

Re: Frameless Issue With Revised ProSilver Template

Postby ahparrish on Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:21 am

digitaldoctor wrote:Here's the tip:

Have you tried refreshing Style templates, themes and imageset? Clear the cache as well.

See this...
ahparrish wrote:I have uploaded the revised prosilver template which is supposed to work with frameless integration. I have cleared the cache and refreshed the template, theme and image set. When I click on the menu item "Forums" I get the integrated phpBB text and links but the template look is not showing up.

Been there, done that.

Can someone please check my site and see if this is what would happen in those cases. I do not know if it is because I have only seen it one my site. If anyone has some constructive ideas I would very much appreciate it.

Everything seems to work but the styles. Could there be something which needs to be adjusted in the CSS or HTML or PHP? Could someone please look at it with FireBug (or some other way) and see what you make of it.

Thank you.
ahparrish
JFusion Novice
JFusion Novice

Postby fireman on Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:43 am

First, I don't know why my post was merged with this one. This is supposed to be a sticky for people to d/l the frameless style.

In the meantime I still can't get the frameless to work.

YES YES YES and YES AGAIN... I have purged the cache and I have refreshed everything. If my path is wrong (which it says so in the error I displayed in my screenshot) then I don't know what to change it to. It is in fact the actual path to my actual domain however so I don't know what the deal is.

If it works in wrapper and the path is fine then it should work in frameless... I suppose anyway.

Did I mention that I am using one subdomain for my joomla install, and a second subdomain for my phpbb3 install. I asked befroe I installed them if this was okay to do and I was replied to that it was ok.

Can a brotha get some help? :-)
fireman
JFusion Newbie
JFusion Newbie

Postby Imran on Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:45 am

Meet me on Yahoo! :)
Watch the Installation video tutorial here.

You like our work? Please vote for us @ the JED or write a review if you wish.

Need help with JFusion: Docs - Forum Search.
If those don't help you, make a post following the Forum Guidelines.
Imran
Manager
Manager

Re: Frameless Discussion and Compatible prosilver style

Postby ahparrish on Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:24 pm

I do not understand why my posts have been merged with this discussion. My issue appears to be different than those listed here and if I am to get the kind of responses I am looking for I need to be in my own forum topic - that is why I did it that way.

Someone else has had to have run into the same thing and perhaps has found a solution. But when they go looking on the forum for others that have run into the same thing they will not be able to find my posts easily because they are buried in another one. If you start at the beginning of this post you have to go through a lot of other information before you get to my issue.

Please put my topic back into play so people will look at it as a separate issue rather than the same as this one.

Thank you.
ahparrish
JFusion Novice
JFusion Novice

Postby Imran on Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:43 pm

Yours is not a separate issue Alex. We are trying to keep all frame less issue posts together so that people can use it for future. I merged 6 topics into one! From what I see yours seems to be a CSS or file permissions issue. I am no professional at this though. Alan is on a vacation till the 4th. Marius may look into this in case he gets time. Sorry we can't be of more help.
Watch the Installation video tutorial here.

You like our work? Please vote for us @ the JED or write a review if you wish.

Need help with JFusion: Docs - Forum Search.
If those don't help you, make a post following the Forum Guidelines.
Imran
Manager
Manager

Postby ahparrish on Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:51 pm

Imran,

I understand what you are saying. However, it might be better to have the frameless issue as its own forum or subforum rather than a single topic. Then different issues can be addressed as topics within the forum. I think you had something similar in an earlier version of the forum.

I will play with the CSS and see if it helps. I was thinking that it might be a CSS issue but I am not an expert on this either. If you have looked at my forum on my site you will have seen that it does appear to be CSS related. I will also check with my Joomla template as well as the location of the phpBB CSS file in relation to the Joomla ones. Perhaps there is a correlation.

I will keep you informed. Thanks.
ahparrish
JFusion Novice
JFusion Novice

Postby ahparrish on Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:16 pm

NEW INFORMATION...

I HAVE IT FIXED!!!!

I found out why the CSS was not showing up. It had to do with the path to the phpBB software which I had set in the plugin configuration. I have the phpBB software located PHYSICALLY at "mysite.net/phpBB/" but I had the plugin path set to "mysite.net/forums/" which is the menu URL. Once I changed the path it worked fine.

I think this needs to be addressed in the code and/or documentation. If the physical URL is different from the menu URL then you need to use the PHYSICAL URL in the plugin configuration.

Hope this helps out others.
ahparrish
JFusion Novice
JFusion Novice

Postby subfighter on Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:16 pm

this frameless integraton looks excellent.. i am going to try to install this ... beautiful.
subfighter
JFusion Advanced II
JFusion Advanced II

Postby subfighter on Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:56 pm

what exactly does it take to get this going???

Do you have to use the SAME Joomla Template that your using here on JFUSION?

Because i tried on my JURUTILE template from Joomlart and everything falls apart.. As it seems to be inheriting CSS values from the TEMPLATE..

So if you want to get it FRAMELESS INTEGRATION will there need to be a lot editing for conflicting CSS??
subfighter
JFusion Advanced II
JFusion Advanced II

PreviousNext

Return to phpBB 3