Re: could not find a valid loginform

Support specific to the vBulletin plugin.

Moderator: Alan

Forum rules
Please post all the bugs you encounter on our issue tracker.

Postby Alan on Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:20 pm

If you upgraded to the latest JFusion and are getting this error, then the likely issue is that you did not read the instructions in the plugin's configuration page.

For dual login to work, you must add an id or name to the login form which vB does not have by default. To do this go to vB's admincp -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> select 'Edit Templates' -> find and double click 'Navigation / Breadcrumb Templates' -> double click 'navbar' -> search for '<form action="login.php?do=login"' and change it to '<form id="login" action="login.php?do=login"' -> click 'Save.'

For dual login to work, you must name or id the login form which vbulletin does not do by default. You must do this for the template that is active for a guest. For most, this will be the navbar template. But for some which custom login forms, it may be different.

Please read the instructions first then search the forums for issues before creating multiple threads with exact same questions that has been addressed multiple times.

Thanks,
Alan
We are all volunteers so please search before posting and check the documentation as answers to many common questions are there.

Before posting about visual issues with frameless integration, please read this Firebug tutorial first!

I'm only able to make it to the forums every 2 - 3 days so please be patient.

Nothing is ever free; it just might not cost you anything. ~ David Crowder
Alan
Developer
Developer

Postby ribonox on Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:06 pm

Where is this instruction exactly?

I have been looking for it but cannot find it.

I upgrade to Jfusion 1.2 automatically from my Jommla admin. It's done by a single click in the version check page.
Now I am having the "0: Could not find a valid loginform, check plugin parameters! I found -- Name= &ID=login -- Name= &ID=pagenav_form" error even after I add id="login" in the vB navbar.

I posted this problem in the following thread: http://www.jfusion.org/index.php/forums ... 091#p28091

Please help.
ribonox
JFusion Newbie
JFusion Newbie

Postby Alan on Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:41 pm

Its stated in the first post of this thread and in the curl options section of the vbulletin plugin config.

Thanks,
Alan
We are all volunteers so please search before posting and check the documentation as answers to many common questions are there.

Before posting about visual issues with frameless integration, please read this Firebug tutorial first!

Alan
Developer
Developer

Postby alex.devine on Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:47 pm

Hi,

Im getting this error on the front page of my joomla website once members login, any ideas why it is still happening.

I have done the edit you said :(

Regards
Alex
alex.devine
JFusion Newbie II
JFusion Newbie II

Postby Alan on Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:40 pm

alex.devine wrote:Hi,

Im getting this error on the front page of my joomla website once members login, any ideas why it is still happening.

I have done the edit you said :(

Regards
Alex

Please see your other thread.

Thanks,
Alan

Alan
Developer
Developer

Postby adam81 on Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:55 am

Alan, I did this exactly as you stated and now I can't even login to vbulletin. You say to use the tools.php if this happens but I have know idea what you mean. I have a busy forum please help me with this :(
adam81
JFusion Newbie II
JFusion Newbie II

Postby adam81 on Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:43 am

I am going to answer my own question as I finally figured it out and if you have an active forum its a scary thing when members can't login. Still haven't got jfusion to work properly but here is the answer to my problem above.

1. Find tools.php in distribution package, in 'do_not_upload' directory. You may have to download vbulletin again if you don't have this anymore.
2. Upload to admincp directory (eg., http://www.example.com/admincp/tools.php)
3. Upload the install folder to your forum root folder. Get this from vbulletin package, may have to redownload if you don't have it anymore.
4. Run script. (eg., http://www.example.com/admincp/tools.php) If it asks for it, Enter customer ID -- the one you use to get into the the member forum on vbulletins site
5. Reset cookie domain and path to defaults. (Or whatever other settings you want to reset.)
6. Delete tools.php script.
7. Delete the install folder.

Problem solved :)
adam81
JFusion Newbie II
JFusion Newbie II

Postby Hammerhead on Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:11 pm

Alan wrote:For dual login to work, you must name or id the login form which vbulletin does not do by default. You must do this for the template that is active for a guest. For most, this will be the navbar template. But for some which custom login forms, it may be different.

Alan, I'm also having trouble with this, and since you know our configuration, I'm wondering if I've just not entered the syntax correct in the VB navbar script, or if there's something else going on because of our integration with AEC and CB.

Here's what I put into the navbar form:
Code: Select all
<form id="login" action="login.php?do=login" method="post" onsubmit="md5hash(vb_login_password, vb_login_md5password, vb_login_md5password_utf, $show[nopasswordempty])">

I always get into a tizzy not knowing whether or where to use a ' instead of a ", and so on. Can you steer me in the right direction?

Thanks!
Hammerhead
JFusion Newbie II
JFusion Newbie II

Postby Alan on Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:00 pm

Hammerhead wrote:
Alan wrote:For dual login to work, you must name or id the login form which vbulletin does not do by default. You must do this for the template that is active for a guest. For most, this will be the navbar template. But for some which custom login forms, it may be different.

Alan, I'm also having trouble with this, and since you know our configuration, I'm wondering if I've just not entered the syntax correct in the VB navbar script, or if there's something else going on because of our integration with AEC and CB.

Here's what I put into the navbar form:
Code: Select all
<form id="login" action="login.php?do=login" method="post" onsubmit="md5hash(vb_login_password, vb_login_md5password, vb_login_md5password_utf, $show[nopasswordempty])">

I always get into a tizzy not knowing whether or where to use a ' instead of a ", and so on. Can you steer me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Hey Robert,

It looks right. The sure way to determine if it the correct template is getting loaded is to browse to your forums as a guest, then take a look at the source (in firefox, go to view -> page source). Look for the above form and make sure it has a id="login" in it. Could you post a logout checker output? It may give some insight into the issue.

Thanks,
Alan

Alan
Developer
Developer

Postby Hammerhead on Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:24 pm

Alan, as always, thanks for your help. But you forgot you need to phrase these things in grunt-user-dummy-talk. :mrgreen:

I did open the source in FF as a guest, but there are multiple instances of the word 'login', so I'm not sure what exactly I'm looking for.

Here's what I got from the login checker:
0: Could not find a valid loginform, check plugin parameters! I found -- Name= &ID=pagenav_form

Is it safe to post the rest of the text from the login checker, or should I be paranoid and send it via a PM if you need it?

ETA: Ah. Ok, I see what you're after. The form does seem to be correctly named - there's green text at the top of the code that says: <!-- login form -->
Hammerhead
JFusion Newbie II
JFusion Newbie II

Next

Return to vBulletin